This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.
We are noticing an increase in people asking us how they can make social media work for them as they are not seeing any results for the time they are investing.
The first thing we do here at Creationz Marketing is audit all of their accounts to see where the problem may lie and can often see:
- Lack of consistency with posting content, often large gaps (sometimes even months) between posts.
- Sell, Sell, Sell - this is the biggest mistakes businesses make in using social media to sell only - you need to create conversations that people want to join, share & engage with.
- No strategy - it is often not clear what strategy a business has adopted so how do they know if social media is working for them.
- No engagement - you need to engage with other users on social media not just broadcast your own news.
So what can you do to help make social media marketing work hard for your business:
1. Have a strategy
Make sure you and your employees know that social media is going to be used for a defined purpose - this may be to drive traffic to the website, engage with users to generate enquiries, promote firm news etc. If you would like further help and support with your strategy, why not download our FREE Social Media Planner to help keep you on the right track and give you something to review each week / month
Once you have set a strategy this then helps you to work out what you are going to post.
2. Create interesting posts
Rather than just sell, sell,sell, create posts that are interesting & engaging. You can do this by:
* Asking questions,
* Adding humour - but remember this is a business account!
* Showcase employees of the business,
* Share details of how the business is working with the community.
* Engage with other businesses in your area.
* Share details about the local area.
* Promote businesses who have delivered a good service to your business.
* Join groups that can get you to your audience and interact with them.
* Share articles you have read and feel will add benefit to you audience.
* Share tips & ideas to be helpful and share knowledge.
3. Be HUMAN
Remember, social media is all about being SOCIAL. Make sure your posts have a human element to them as people connect with people. We understand this is a business account but you can still craft your posts with the reader in mind.
A simple "Hello, how are we all this week" goes a long way especially if you are joining a networking hour. "Thank you to..." is another popular engagement post - are you utilising these?
4. Be Consistent
Social media is not a marketing activity you can pick up and put down when there is a little spare time. It needs to be part of the whole marketing activity and planned in to work schedules. This does not mean you have to post everyday just for the sake of it but it does mean you have to be consistent so your audience are ready to engage with you.
If social media is important to your marketing activity but you don't have the time then let's have a chat as we offer a Social Media Management service for clients to suit every budget.
If you would like any further advice on how you could make your social media accounts work harder for your business then please give us a call on 0115 8372390 or email email@example.com
Marketing Planning - What would you like to achieve this week?
Marketing Planning - what would you like to achieve this week? We would love to hear what is on your to-d...
Are Testimonials Important...
Why It Is Important to Receive Testimonials for your Business! Testimonials and reviews are extremely importa...
Do you know your numbers???
Do you know your numbers? You are all geared up for marketing your business in 2019, everything is in...
Marketing Planning Masterclass - 24th January 2019
*** Only 4 Places Available *** How's your Marketing Plan going for 2019? We speak to a number of businesses w...
Social Media - Not just a numbers game
As with all marketing activity, you need to be able to monitor the return on investment and where Social Media is concer...
Are you ever stuck with what to use Social Media for? Do you need a guiding hand to implement your social media strategy and engage with your followers online? If yes, this daily planner is what you need...
Very helpful. Claire spoke at my level of understanding. I will try and undertake the advice Claire has given as soon as possible.
Linkedin Training Delegate